We are looking for dedicated, motivated and creative colleagues for our client as DevOps SQL Server DBA.
The Global Assurance DevOps Infrastructure Design team works closely with development and other teams to plan, deploy, and support infrastructure for multiple applications across our working environments. Daily, the team utilizes best practices to assure smooth application integration across the firm's entire architecture, as well as research, design, and prototype new solutions to facilitate application growth.
The Global Assurance DevOps Infrastructure Design team member will be part of a group that is responsible for the creation, maintenance and support of firm cloud infrastructure. This function has broad knowledge of the business functions to resolve critical and strategic business technology challenges.
This individual should have various troubleshooting skills. Using his/her knowledge and relevant expertise, he/she will work to identify the area of fault and guide in constructing and implementing the fix. The specialist is individually responsible for delivering technical diagnosis and solution prescription within his/her technology expertise.
• Deploys new cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, Container);
• Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed filesystem storage;
• Experiments with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologies;
• Participates in release planning;
• Maintains and assures uptime of vm's and containerized applications in hosted environments;
• Monitors service trends to identify opportunities for improvements with existing frameworks, tools, and processes;
• Audits and improves system metrics and alarms.
Essential skills needed for the role:
• AlwaysON experience (must)
• Backup / Restore experience
• Installation and configuration of SQL Server
• Performance tuning
• Ability to write T-SQL and understand complex queries
• User permission management
• Azure SQL and IaaS
• Storage management
• PowerShell (must)
What we offer:
• Onboarding in a good atmosphere with supportive, friendly team.
• You will be part of a motivated, dedicated, international virtual team where your contribution will be appreciated.
• Ability to work on an international project of strategic importance.
• A variety of responsibilities and a good opportunity to develop organizational skills on
a large project.
• Attractive salary packaging.
• Private health care and other employee benefits.