We are looking for dedicated, motivated and creative colleagues for our client as Aura Technical Analyst
The Aura Technical Analyst is a member of the Aura Service Team, who together with other Analysts is responsible for the delivery of the Aura service above the base O/S platform, including application releases and 3rd level incident resolution. Reporting directly to an Aura Site Leader.
They have a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft products such as SQL server, IIS, .NET Framework and MS Windows Applications, giving them the ability to fully understand the Aura architecture. They have an understanding of SQL server DBA role and are experienced in SQL, writing queries from business reporting to application data fixes.
They are a team player, able to interact, share, communicate and collaborate with members of the Aura service team, technical and non-technical and other teams in Central Cluster team, the global development team, and territory IT as needed to overcome complexities, resolve issues and delivery a quality service.
They have prior experience in the technical aspects of implementing and troubleshooting a mission critical application based on Microsoft technologies.
- The Aura Technical Analyst role is offering an exciting opportunity to be involved in the technical delivery process for a high profile and high priority IT service, arising due to a change in sourcing strategy for this service.
- The Aura Technical Analyst is a key member of the Aura Technical team reporting to the Aura Site Leader within the overall Aura Service team.
- The day-to-day duties of the Aura Technical team are focused on the delivery of excellent technical application management and the Technical Analyst is expected to contribute to this by suggesting improved processes and contributing to the development of best practices.
- They will implement changes in response to incidents / new business requirements (including new code releases from the development team).
- They will troubleshoot and resolve application performance bottlenecks.
- They have expertise and understanding of Microsoft products such as IIS, .NET Framework and MS Windows Applications and the ability to develop a subject matter expertise in the end-to-end Aura application suite, its technical components, the interactions between components, and the underlying platforms & server environments.
- They have an understanding of SQL server and are expected to develop subject matter expertise in this Aura component.
- They will assist in build verification testing & QA
- They will contribute to the automation of windows tasks for application role out utilising windows scripting such as PowerShell
- They will have experience and knowledge into windows server systems ability in root cause analysis on production issues
- They will interact with Application Support, Major Incident Management, related operational teams and the development team to diagnose and resolve incidents affecting the Aura users and / or system operation.
- They will escalate incidents with the Global Aura Central Team in conjunction with Applications Support.
- They will interact with the wider Data Centre Operations function, to direct incident investigation & resolution at the infrastructure, OS or base platform level.
- They will provide subject expertise in Incident Management (as required)
- They will have the ability to document process such as FAQ’s and SOP’s and will maintain and update a central repository of information
- They will be able to execute routine tasks as per schedule such as application monitoring.
Essential skills needed for the role:
- Experience in the technical implementation and operation of mission critical IT services.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft products such as SQL server, IIS, .NET Framework and MS Windows Applications.
- An understanding of SQL server
- Experience in SQL writing queries
- Experience in windows server systems and demonstrable history of root cause analysis on production issues
- Able to acquire a comprehensive understanding of a complex suite of IT applications / components.
- Able to work collaboratively with all members of the team in the delivery of the Aura Service.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Quality focused
- Calm under pressure
- Experience working in an ITIL-based framework.
- Proficient in English
- If you have additional questions, you can contact email@example.com.
- If you know somebody suitable for this position or if you want to apply, please send a detailed CV by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.